Free Roadside Assistance

(303) 537-3400

Customer Service

(303) 537-3470


Construction and Access Permits

For construction, access or any type of improvement on, in, under or over the E-470 right-of-way, multi-use easement, utility corridor and or property-owned requires a permit from the E-470 Public Highway Authority. Unsure if you need a permit? Email to request an E-470 ownership map.


Instilation of a utility
Drainage work
Roadway Construction


Survey access
Geo-technical boring

Oversize & Overweight

Any vehicle that exceeds CDOT’s defined size and weight traveling on E-470

Helpful Links


Standard Provisions for Permit Operator

View Document

Permit Manual

Read Manual

Payment and Performance Bond

Access Bond

Insurance Requirements

View Document

Seed Mix

View Document


Email Us

Colorado Discharge Permit System Stormwater Management Program

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires that discharges from regulated small municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4s) must be covered under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program (note: the Colorado program is referred to as the Colorado Discharge Permit System, or CDPS, instead of NPDES). The Water Quality Control Division has stormwater regulations (5 CCR 1002-61) in place that meet the requirements of the EPA.

The E-470 Public Highway Authority was issued a permit in March 2008 by the Water Quality Control Division for Non-Standard Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) for the Cherry Creek Reservoir drainage basin. E-470’s limit is from Jamaica Street (near I-25 south) to Smoky Hill Rd.

The primary function of storm sewer systems, including natural channels, is the collection, conveyance and storage of stormwater runoff. In a watershed-based approach to urban stormwater management, the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4), including both structural (e.g., pipes, inlets and outlets) and natural drainage ways, are important components.

To comply with the MS4 permit E-470 prohibits any dumping or discharge of any substance in violation of any state or federal law or regulation, or that is in violation of the Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination program.

Call (303) 537-3409 to report dumping of an illicit discharge.

Click here to view the E-470 MS4 permit.

Related Information

Road Info

Learn More

3+ Axle Discount Program

Learn More


Learn More