Free Roadside Assistance

(303) 537-3400

Customer Service

(303) 537-3470

Oversize/Overweight Permit Application

Information for Extra-Legal Vehicles Traveling on E-470

A commercial vehicle requesting to travel on E-470 that meets Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) definition of an Extra-Legal vehicle or load must obtain an Oversize/Overweight Permit issued by E-470 Public Highway Authority.

Please click here to download a PDF version of the application if you wish to print and fill it out manually. Once complete, scan and email the application to If you wish to complete the application electronically, please fill out and submit the form below. 

  • Apply for and carry the E-470 Public Highway Authority Oversize/Overweight Permit issued for the trip.
  • A vehicle that exceeds CDOT’s defined size and weight restrictions may not travel on E-470 during the hours of 6-9 a.m. and 3-7 p.m., and during inclement weather.
  • Pilot car is required for a vehicle 12′ wide and over.
  • If a vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight is more than 80,000 pounds a detailed description of axle configuration and weight is required.
  • A vehicle that exceeds CDOT’s defined size and weight restrictions unable to maintain a minimum speed of 50 mph on E-470 must travel between 12 a.m. and 5 a.m.
  • E-470 is a designated HAZMAT route. For more information, contact Colorado State Patrol Hazardous Materials Section at (303) 273-1900 or click here.
  • A lowboy must be used to transport heavy construction equipment.

Permit Types Defined
Single Trip Permit – Valid for one trip only. Start and end date and time are required entries.

OSL Permit – Ideal for a vehicle whose specifications do not change from trip to trip: no changes in tractor and trailer that may alter width, length, or height; GVW can’t exceed 80,000 lbs. Valid for 6 months..

Related Information

Commercial Vehicles

Commercial Vehicles

CDOT Commercial Vehicle Rules and Regulations for Transport Permits

Learn More

Sign Up for ExpressToll

Learn More