Information for Extra-Legal Vehicles Traveling on E-470
A commercial vehicle requesting to travel on E-470 that meets Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) definition of an Extra-Legal vehicle or load must obtain an Oversize/Overweight Permit issued by E-470 Public Highway Authority.
Please click here to download a PDF version of the application if you wish to print and fill it out manually. Once complete, scan and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to complete the application electronically, please fill out and submit the form below.
- Apply for and carry the E-470 Public Highway Authority Oversize/Overweight Permit issued for the trip.
- A vehicle that exceeds CDOT’s defined size and weight restrictions may not travel on E-470 during the hours of 6-9 a.m. and 3-7 p.m., and during inclement weather.
- Pilot car is required for a vehicle 12′ wide and over.
- If a vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight is more than 80,000 pounds a detailed description of axle configuration and weight is required.
- A vehicle that exceeds CDOT’s defined size and weight restrictions unable to maintain a minimum speed of 50 mph on E-470 must travel between 12 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- E-470 is a designated HAZMAT route. For more information, contact Colorado State Patrol Hazardous Materials Section at (303) 273-1900 or click here.
- A lowboy must be used to transport heavy construction equipment.
Permit Types Defined
Single Trip Permit – Valid for one trip only. Start and end date and time are required entries.
OSL Permit – Ideal for a vehicle whose specifications do not change from trip to trip: no changes in tractor and trailer that may alter width, length, or height; GVW can’t exceed 80,000 lbs. Valid for 6 months..