UPCOMING WORK - Week of August 20, 2017
- There will be no northbound E-470 paving operations during the weekend of August 19 and 20 to accommodate the expected traffic volumes due to the solar eclipse. Southbound E-470 paving operations will be ongoing.
- Beyond this weekend, project-wide paving operations will remain ongoing into September. Unless otherwise noted, expect single lane restrictions weekdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and weekends, 6 a.m. Saturdays to 8 p.m. Sundays, with one lane remaining open at all times. Signage and additional traffic control officers will be in place to guide the traveling public. Be prepared to yield and stop at on-ramps during weekend paving work. Thank you for your patience as this work proceeds.
E-470 speed limits are reduced from 75 mph to 65 mph along the eight miles between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue during construction.
Implementation of a new traffic alignment on northbound E-470 along the bridge over Cherry Creek, previously expected for the weekend of August 19 and 20, will be delayed to accommodate expected traffic volumes related to the solar eclipse. We will share details on when to expect the alignment switch after a new schedule is identified.
Northbound Parker Road under E-470 will be closed from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. each night of Wednesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 24 for median work. Detours will be in place. Expect nightly single and double lane closures along Parker Road over the next couple of weeks
- Arapahoe Road lane closures will occur under E-470 August 14-18, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., for bridge work. Expect flaggers and slowing, with one lane remaining open at all times.
- As a friendly reminder, the new bike and pedestrian trail remains closed as construction is ongoing. It will open to the public in early 2018. Find out more information in the trail fact sheet.
LOOKING AHEAD - Week of August 27, 2017
Southbound Parker Road under E-470 will be closed from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. each night of Wednesday, August 29 and Thursday, August 30 for median work. Detours will be in place. Expect nightly single and double lane closures along Parker Road over the next couple of weeks.
All work and schedules are subject to change due to weather and/or other unforeseen conditions. Updates will be provided.
CONNECT WITH US
|ABOUT THE E-470 ROAD WIDENING|
E-470 began construction in the spring of 2016 to add a third lane to the road in each direction between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue. Traffic along this eight-mile stretch has increased approximately 13 percent each year since 2013. E-470's 2014 full investment grade Traffic and Revenue Study
indicated this section of the road would need to be widened by 2018 in order to continue operating at the required level of service. The Road Widening Project will ensure a safe and reliable commute for travelers. Project elements include:
- A third lane in each direction between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue
- The widening of eleven (11) bridge structures at six (6) bridge locations as shown on the project area map
- A multi-purpose pedestrian/bike trail
The project budget is approximately $90 million and is being funded by the E-470 Public Highway Authority through tolls and E-470 reserves. Construction is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2017.
PROJECT INFORMATION SHEETS
Visual Buffering Renderings and Locations
The construction approach and schedule prioritize safety and convenience for our customers. Key construction elements include:
- Construction will take place on two-mile segments at a time
- Two (2) lanes will remain open in each direction during weekday rush hours (6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- A concrete barrier will separate the driving public from construction
For the safety of the traveling public and the construction crews some night work will take place during the project. E-470 will limit night work as much as possible and will communicate night work through overhead and local signage. Expect minimal delays during these occurrences.
HAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION?E-470 welcomes feedback. If you would like to be included on the E-470 Road Widening Project email distribution list to receive periodic project updates, or if you would like to submit project comments or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.