UPCOMING WORK - Weeks of November 19 & 26, 2017
- No E-470 Road Widening Project construction is scheduled November 23-26. We hope you enjoy the holiday and wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
- Arapahoe Road lane closures will occur November 20-22, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., under E-470 for sidewalk repair and fence work. Expect flaggers and slowing, with one lane remaining open in both directions at all times. The sidewalk under E-470 adjacent to northbound lanes will be closed November 20-26 as the new concrete gains sufficient strength. Signs will be in place directing pedestrians to the other side of the roadway.
As of Friday, October 20, project-wide speed limits
have returned to 75 m.p.h.
- The new regional trail is expected to open to the public between Quincy Avenue and S. Ireland Way by early December 2017. Although the trail will be constructed past the designated end point at S. Ireland Way, there will be no access to this section of the trail as future tie-in and connectivity for this area is being explored by local jurisdictions and stakeholders.
- The new third lanes are open and roadway paving operations are complete project-wide as of Monday, October 16! For the remainder of the project, lane impacts are anticipated to be minimal as final striping, lighting, landscaping, and signage work is completed. Work on the new regional trail remains ongoing. The trail is expected to open to the public by early December 2017, once all sections are completed. Thank you for your patience as the E-470 Road Widening Project nears completion!
Click here to view the PDF of this latest construction update.
All work and schedules are subject to change due to weather and/or other unforeseen conditions. Updates will be provided.
CONNECT WITH US
|ABOUT THE E-470 ROAD WIDENING|
E-470 began construction in the spring of 2016 to add a third lane to the road in each direction between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue. Traffic along this eight-mile stretch has increased approximately 13 percent each year since 2013. E-470's 2014 full investment grade Traffic and Revenue Study
indicated this section of the road would need to be widened by 2018 in order to continue operating at the required level of service. The Road Widening Project will ensure a safe and reliable commute for travelers. Project elements include:
- A third lane in each direction between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue
- The widening of eleven (11) bridge structures at six (6) bridge locations as shown on the project area map
- A multi-purpose pedestrian/bike trail
The project budget is approximately $90 million and is being funded by the E-470 Public Highway Authority through tolls and E-470 reserves. Construction is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2017.
PROJECT INFORMATION SHEETS
Visual Buffering Renderings and Locations
The construction approach and schedule prioritize safety and convenience for our customers. Key construction elements include:
- Construction will take place on two-mile segments at a time
- Two (2) lanes will remain open in each direction during weekday rush hours (6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- A concrete barrier will separate the driving public from construction
For the safety of the traveling public and the construction crews some night work will take place during the project. E-470 will limit night work as much as possible and will communicate night work through overhead and local signage. Expect minimal delays during these occurrences.
HAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION?E-470 welcomes feedback. If you would like to be included on the E-470 Road Widening Project email distribution list to receive periodic project updates, or if you would like to submit project comments or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.