E-470 ROAD WIDENING PROJECT COMPLETION
The E-470 Road Widening Project completed in December 2017!
|ABOUT THE E-470 ROAD WIDENING|
E-470 began construction in the spring of 2016 to add a third lane to the road in each direction between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue. Traffic along this eight-mile stretch has increased approximately 13 percent each year since 2013. E-470's 2014 full investment grade Traffic and Revenue Study
indicated this section of the road would need to be widened by 2018 in order to continue operating at the required level of service. The Road Widening Project will ensure a safe and reliable commute for travelers. Project elements include:
- A third lane in each direction between Parker Road and Quincy Avenue
- The widening of eleven (11) bridge structures at six (6) bridge locations as shown on the project area map
- A multi-purpose pedestrian/bike trail
The project budget is approximately $90 million and is being funded by the E-470 Public Highway Authority through tolls and E-470 reserves. Construction is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2017.
PROJECT INFORMATION SHEETS
Visual Buffering Renderings and Locations
The construction approach and schedule prioritize safety and convenience for our customers. Key construction elements include:
- Construction will take place on two-mile segments at a time
- Two (2) lanes will remain open in each direction during weekday rush hours (6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- A concrete barrier will separate the driving public from construction
For the safety of the traveling public and the construction crews some night work will take place during the project. E-470 will limit night work as much as possible and will communicate night work through overhead and local signage. Expect minimal delays during these occurrences.